Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Working weekend

It felt so good to finish finals. This semester was very good for me; I learned many new things and expanded my skills greatly. After weeks of studying and working on projects it was good to get my hands dirty this weekend.

First project: unloading 3 Layers of Heaven

The house we've lived in for the last year has been really good to us. One benefit it provided was plenty of storage space. But ample storage space isn't good when it's time to move out. WHAT A MESS! I didn't realize how large the house was until it was time to clean it. It was especially hard because Mattheu from England, our property manager, is very particular in his cleaning inspection.

On my way home to Idaho I was able to help my friend conduct some focus groups. It was a good experience once we got "un-lost." Sometimes Google maps are wrong, I guess.

Second project: renovating Aubry and Trevor's new house

My sister Aubry and her husband Trevor just bought a house in Heyburn, ID. I'm so proud of them for their growedupness. The house was quite "fixer-upper" when they began, but with a week or so of hard work and lots of help, it looks AMAZING now. It was good to spend a few days helping them out. Here's a bead board wainscot I put up in the kitchen.



I didn't, however, touch the wiring.



It is good to be at home, but now it's time to head back to Provo and real life. I look forward to a fun summer there!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about posting and then deleting. My comment was worded pretty awkwardly when I read it again so I thought I would start over:

    YES! Another post! I completely agree with your last line. It was nice for me to be home for a week, but it really is like you leave real life for a while and sadly, I too have to get back to real life and Provo tonight. Bittersweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abram! I was so nervous when I read your post that you were going to be in Idaho all summer! And why are you moving? Spencer and I won't be able to spy on you anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abram -- you're awesome!
    Maybe some day when I buy a house you can give Brian some pointers on how to do things. I think he'd do alright, but he will probably need help!
    Hope your semester ended well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abram you can really do anything!! What a fix-it man!! You are so cool!

    ReplyDelete