Thursday, April 30, 2009

It's been a long time, sunshine

It is SO BEAUTIFUL here in Provo. As I was outside enjoying the sun with some friends, I mentioned how much I love Spring. I said, "Everything is like a baby." And they laughed.

OK. Maybe this is a funny way to look at it, but it works for me. All the flowers are new (and baby-like), the trees have new leaves and the birds sing in the morning again.

I love fresh starts. It's a miracle to see how the earth starts anew after a long season of dreariness and dormancy. The good news is that we have opportunities for new starts quite often.

At this time of transitions, I hope everyone I love ends up doing the things that make them happiest; I wish you all a great new beginning.

3 comments:

  1. Abram you're very poetic. I agree. I always think about that scene in Bambi where all the new babies are being born and flowers are blooming and stuff...everything is new! plus, people are falling in love all over the place--it's disgusting. but only because i'm not. ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. i still still think you should switch to print. have you seen state of play?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Amy! Switch to print! Do it!

    ReplyDelete