Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A good day

So, today started out as "one of those days." When my alarm went off at 5:45 this morning, I had little motivation to get out of bed. But I put on my gym clothes and headed to my car.

And it was covered with snow.

I really am not anti-snow, but at this time of year? Come on! While cleaning off my windows, I broke my little scraper thing.

"Dangit," I thought. Today is going to stink.

But things got better. I was able to spend lots of focused time in the newsroom and knocked out a few articles. I'll have one tomorrow about Obama's trip to Europe and another about a book drive a student is doing. (newsnet.byu.edu)

I also got my media credentials to General Conference. I am so excited to have the opportunity to have unique access to the amazing event, and report on it for students to read in the newspaper. I hear there's a special media room backstage along with opportunities to get pretty close to the action. Don't worry; I'll blog about it Monday.

After not eating all day, I was so glad that I ordered TONS of pizza for our Public Relations Student Society activity.

Tonight, we had our elections for next year. This past year I served as vice president of fund raising. I ran to become the president of the organization for next year--and won.

I'm excited to have a chance to serve with a great group of people on the executive board who were elected tonight. It feels like I am in high school again because I have lots of friends in my major who I work with very closely.

Best news of all: I'm going to San Diego. That's where our first conference of the year will be held. As I sit here in my now wrinkled shirt and loosened tie, I'm glad that a day that starts out snowy and miserable can turn out with sunny and warm prospects.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the PRSSA position!! You are a great leader and will do a great job! Glad to see you blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on becoming the President!!! I was never that involved in clubs at college. I am positive you will do an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abe....so happy to see you blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the second picture. nice view.

    ReplyDelete