Sunday, May 24, 2009

Reaching out



I loved seeing this video this morning. I am grateful for my membership in a church with leaders that inspire me to be a better person. I am especially grateful for the message of President Monson, who said the best gift he could receive for his birthday was for church members to

"Find someone who is having a hard time and do something for them."

On this memorial weekend, I am thinking of those who taught this message to me through their actions. Many of them have already passed on, but I am still inspired by their legacy. I feel so blessed to have known heroes who thought of others even in the moment of personal affliction and pain.

I pay tribute to those who sacrifice for the benefit of others. I am especially grateful for those who have given their lives in the service of this country. This "last measure of devotion" is greatly appreciated, and I hope to always respect that which they so nobly fought and died for.

Thanks, and happy Memorial Day tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. That video was really awesome! Thanks for sharing Abram! PS, let's go "get drinks" again soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Drinks ASAP. Slash I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. update please! and let's hang out.

    ReplyDelete