Saturday, May 16, 2009

A busy week

This has been a crazy week. I started working at the BYU grounds crew. It is lots of fun because I work with two of my cousins and 3 of my roommates. The work itself isn't exactly fun and stimulating this week, but that is totally OK. We are dumping mulch on a steep hill that is behind the Richards Building. The hill is very steep, so the only way to get the mulch on it is to pack it in buckets and then dump it. It is a very arduous process and I will be glad when we move on to more exciting landscaping work. But as one of my co-workers says at least three times a day, "We're not just building a hillside, we're building a Wendy's." The sad part is that at the end of the task there won't be a Wendy's.

The amazing part of my job is that I start at 6 a.m. This allows me to intern at the Springville Museum of Art and also to help out at the Bradley PR agency.

At the Museum, we are holding the 43rd annual Art Ball tonight. It will be an amazing event. The museum is spectacular and features amazing artwork and architecture. A sculpture garden has recently been completed that is beautiful.

Here's a video about the event:



If you are free tonight and in the area, come check out the ball! Tickets are available at SmithTix and at at the museum's Web site: http://smofa.org/events_programs/art_ball.html.

I will give you a full report after the event! I had better head over there to start setting up.

2 comments:

  1. OOOOO! i love the little presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. abram you're insane. you're doing like 50 things.

    ReplyDelete